Operating within the standards and procedures of the Methodist Church we take Safeguarding, very seriously, more detail can be found in our policy document available on request (please use a contact form to get in touch), below is a summary of the key points and a list of useful contact numbers should you have any concerns or questions.
Minister - Rev Diane Bussey - 07504133449 or email from here.
Church Safeguarding Officer - Ms Jo Wood, email here.
Methodist Safeguarding - Ms Gill Crippen 07722024250
Local Children's services - 01926414144
Local adult/Social Care Services - 01926412080
Social Services out of hours - 01926886922
Remember Good Practice
- Treat everybody with respect setting a positive example
- Respect everyone's personal space
- Ensure your actions cannot be misinterpreted
- Challenge unacceptable behaviour in a constructive way
- Do not put yourself or other people in vulnerable situations
- Do not have inappropriate physical contacts with others
- Always share safeguarding concerns
What to do if you have concerns about possible abuse
- Keep a written record of what happened, your concerns and your actions
- Contact the minister or safeguarding officer.
- Only tell or discuss with others who need to know
Responding to a Child, young person, parent or other adult who shares with you about abuse
- Never promise to keep a secret
- React calmly and be aware of non verbal messages
- Don't stop someone who is talking freely about what has happened
- Don't ask leading questions
- Reassure the person they have done the right thing by telling you
- Avoid making comments or judgements
- Tell the person what will happen next (report to Minister or safeguarding officer)
- Record using the persons words and noting dates and times